Tour Code: TTC-002
Tour Catalog: Private Tour
Trip Length: 7 days
Starting City: Chengdu, Beijing, Shanghai, Xian...
Ending City: Lhasa
Route Feature:In this 7 days tour,you will see the most famous Potala Palace in Lhasa,Jokhang Temple,Drepung Monastery,Sera Monastery,Namtso,Yamdroktso,Gyantse Stupa Kumbum and the Panchen resident Shigatse,this one is the Tibet folk,religious and natural scenic trip.
Day01: Chengdu/ Lhasa ( Lhasa ariport 80km, asphalt road, 3595m, 15-19 centigrade)
Morning time our staff pick you up from your hotel in Chengdu then dropping you off to Chengdu airport help you check in.After 2 hours flight you will arrive at Lhasa Gongga airport. Our guide will pick you up from Gongga airport and send you to Lhasa city. Rest in hotel. Overnight at Lhasa
Day02: Lhasa ciy tour sightseeing
Morning time buy the entrance of Potala by yourself. Then to visit Jokhang Temple, afternoon to visit Drepung Monastery. Overnight at Lhasa
Day03 Lhasa city sightseeing
Morning time to visit Potala Palace, then afternoon to Sera Monastery. Overnight at Lhasa.
Day04 Lhasa/Namtso Lake/Lhasa ( 500km, 7 hours driving, asphalt road in good condition , 4178m, 5-15 centigrade)
In the morning around 08:00am, our guide and driver pick you up from your hotel, then we leave Lhasa to Namtso Lake. On the way you will see the huge grassland of Naqu and have a chance to see the sky road- Qinghai Tibet Railway passing through, it looks like a dragon. Then the Nyenchen Thanglha snow mountain ranges appeared in front of you, and also you will pass the Nagela Pass. Then on the way back to Lhasa you have a chance to enjoy the Yangpachen hotspring, back to Lhasa. Overnight at Lhasa
Day05 Lhasa/Yamdrotso lake/ Friend- ship highway/ Gyangtse/ Shigatse ( 500km, 6hours driving, asphalt road in good condition , 3900m, 15-19 centigrade)
Morning time around 08:00am depart from Lhasa pass Gangbala Mt. which is over than 5000m, then to Yamdrotso lake which is one of the three holy lakes in Tibet (another 2 is Namtso lake and Manasarova), then back to Friend-ship highway pass by Shigatse to Gyangtse, visit Gyangtse Kumbum, far view of Zongshan ruins. Then back to Shigatse. Overnight at Shigatse
Day06 Shigatse/ Lhasa (340km 3-4 hours driving, asphalt road in good condition , 3900m, 15-19 centigrade)
After breakfast to visit Tashilumpo Monastery which was Built in1447 , spectacular tombs of Panchen Lamas, have a good rest in Shigatse, then drive back to Lhasa Overnight at Lhasa city.
Day07 Lhasa airport dropping off.
Morning time Lhasa airport dropping off, take the flight back to Chengdu or Beijing, Shanghai,Xian...
Price from Aug. to Nov. in 2007 (USD or EUR):
Tour Standard 1person 2person 3-4person 5-6person 7-9person
1. Entrance fee: Jokhang Temple, Drepung Monastery, Sera Monastery, Namtso lakeNamtso lake, Gangtse Kumbum,Tashilunpo Monastery 55RMB/p.p
2. Standard tour with: 6N 2 star hotel standeroom room; Luxurious tour: 6N 3 star hotel standeroom
3. Jinbei Minvan transportation with expert driver ( Business Minivan can be avilable)
4. English speaking guide
5. Travel insurance
6. One bottom of pure water provided everyday
7. Airfares: Chengdu-Lhasa-Chengdu
8. Tibet entry permit
2. Your own expense like Yanpachen hotspring.
3. Tips for driver and guide (Usually it is 100RMB/p.p for driver , guide)
4. Single supplement
5. Entrance of Potala
1. Please take one warm overcoat cloth when you travel to Namtso lake that it is a little bit cold than the temperary in Lhasa city.
2. Depends on how long times you arrive in Lhasa and your body health, suggest the traveler who just arrive in Lhasa for a few days do not take the hot spring for that you maybe cathch the high altitude sickness.
3. The part of road from Yamtso Lake to Langkazi is repairing now, So you can not go directly from Langkazi to Gyangtse and have to be back for Friend-ship Highway to Shigatse then to Gyangtse.