Tour Code: TTE-002
Tour Catalog: Private Tour(flight in and flight out)
Trip Length: 9 days
Starting City: Chengdu( Beijing, Xian, Shanghai...)
Ending City: Lhasa
Route Feature:In this 9 days tour,you will not only have a chance to see the beauty of the Lhasa city,such as:Potala Palace,Jokhang Temple,Sera Monastery,Drepung Monastery,but also can have a look of Yamdroktso Lake,Tashilunpo Monastery,Rongphu Monastery and you even can have a more specific view of the life of the Everest Base Camp.At the end of this tour,you will have a chance to visit Namtso Lake which is the highest salt lake in the world and the one of the three holy lakes in Tibet to enjoy the warmth of Yanpachen Hot-spring.
Day01: Chengdu/ Lhasa ( Lhasa ariport 80km, asphalt road, 3595m, 15-19 centigrade)
Morning time our staff pick you up from your hotel in Chengdu then dropping you off to Chengdu airport help you check in.After 2 hours flight you will arrive at Lhasa Gongga airport. Our guide will pick you up from Gongga airport and then send you to Lhasa city. Rest in hotel. Overnight at Lhasa
Day02: Lhasa ciy tour sightseeing
Morning time to buy the entrance of Potala by yourselves. Then to visit Jokhang Temple, afternoon to visit Drepung Monastery. Overnight at Lhasa
Day03 Lhasa city sightseeing
Morning time to visit Potala Palace, then afternoon to Sera Monastery. Overnight at Lhasa.
Day04 Lhasa/Yamdrotso lake/ Friend- ship highway/ Gyangtse/ Shigatse ( 500km, 6hours driving, asphalt road in good condition , 3900m, 15-19 centigrade)
Morning time around 08:00am depart from Lhasa pass Gangbala Mt. which is over than 5000m, then to Yamdrotso lake which is one of the three holy lake in Tibet (another 2 is Namtso lake and Manasarova), then back to Friend-ship highway pass by Shigatse to Gyangtse, visit Gyangtse Kumbum, far view of Zongshan ruins. Then back to Shigatse. Overnight at Shigatse
Day05 Shigatse/ Lhatse/ Tinggri (Shegar) / Rongbu/ E.B.C ( 420km, 10 hours driving, Rough road , 4050m, 8-15 centigrade)
Morning time to visit TashiLumpo Monastery which was Built in1447 , spectacular tombs of Panchen Lamas . After lunch driving along with Friend-ship way pass Lhatse to Tinggri. One the way you will pass the checking point with your TTB permit, travel permit and passport. Then arrive at Tinggri. Buy the entrance of Everest Base Camp. Then from Tinggri to E.B.C with the very rough road, pass the wild grassland, cross the rapids river and high mountains. During this route,you can have a glimpse of 4 mountains which is 8000m high or more,such as:Mt. Lhotse(8516m),Mt. Everest(8848m),Mt. Qowowuyag(8201m),Mt Mayalu(8463m). Then arrive at Rongbu Monastery. Overnight at Rongbu Guest House.
Day06 Rongbu Monastery/ Evrest Base Camp/ Tinggri / Shigatse ( 420km, 8hours drving, Rough road, 4980m, -5-10 centigrade)
After seeing the sunrise from Rongbu, then walking to arrive the place get on the animal carriage then use half hour arrive at Base camp ( Or you also can trekking to Everest Base Camp around 1.5-2 hours one way. It is interesting but much more warm and hard to breath). Hiking up to the top of the photo point to take pictures for the splendid- Mt. Everest. Then driving down from E.B.C to Tingri back to Shigatse. Overnight at Shigatse
Day07 Shigatse/ Namtso Lake (300km, 6 hours driving, Rough road , 4050m, 8-15 centigrade
After breakfeast driving from Shigatse to holey lake Namtso. Namtso Lake is the Heavenly lake which is one of the three holy lake of Tibet (other two is Yamdrotso lake, at Shigatse area, Lake Manasarova at Nagri) and also the highest salt lake. You can do a very relax trekking around the lakeside and Zhaxi Island. You can enjoy the sunset by the lake. Overnight at Namtso Tent Guest House
Day08 Namtso lake/ Yangpachen hotspring/ Lhasa (250km, 4hours driving)
Morning time to see the sunrise beside the holy lake , then back to Lhasa, on the way back , you will have a chance to enjoy the hot-spring at Yangbachen( from 30-60RMB/p.p). Overnight at Lhasa
Day09 Lhasa airport dropping off.
Morning time Lhasa airport dropping off, take the flihgt back to Chengdu or Beijing, Shanghai,Xian...
1. Flight from Chengdu-Lhasa-Chengdu it is 3,260RMB/p.p
2. Tibet Entry permit it is 400RMB/p.p
3. Entrance fee: Jokhang temple, Drepung Monastery, Sera Monastery, Gyantse Kumpa, Tashilunpo Monastery, Evrest Base Camp,Namtso lake,
4. Stander tour with: 10N 2star hotel standeroom room at Shigatse, 1N dorm bed at Tinggri; 1N tent guest house at Namtso
Luxurious tour:10N 3star hotel standeroom room at Shigatse, 1N dorm bed at Tinggri; 1N tent guest house at Namtso
5. Whole trip with Landcruiser Toyota 4500 with good condition safely with expert driver.
6. English speaking guide
7. Travel permit(get it at Shigatse)
8. Travel insurance
9. One bottom of pure water provided everyday
10. 3 bottom of oxygen for urgent use.
11. Sleeping bag provided
2. Your own expense like animal carriage fee, Yangpachen hotspring
3. Tips for driver and guide (Usually it is 100RMB/p.p for driver , guide)
4. Entrance of Potala
1. The part of road from Yamtso Lake to Langkazi is repairing now, So you can not go directly from Langkazi to Gyangtse you must be back for Friend-ship Highway to Shigatse then to Gyangtse.
2. The road from Tingri to E.B.C is reparing now you just can take the new rough road to go. There is a rapid river at afternoon it is so hard and dangerous to cross, if can not cross it you must be back to Tingri to do the accommodation.
3. Rongbu at high altitude, sleeping at there is so cold, maybe there will be a heavy headache with you, please take very warm clothes and shoes with you.
4. During the rainning season sometimes the weather will be not good enough to see the Mt. Everest. But you also have a chance to see the surrouding high snow mountain with fabulous view.
5. You had better take some fast food like cookie chocolate with you because there is not so much delicious food from Tinggri to E.B.C, and long times driving is a little bit boring.