Nyingchi Travel Tips
1. Due to the severe sunlight on the plateau and wide temperature division between day and night, you are highly advised to carry long sleeves, sweater, jackets, sunglasses, sun cap, sun blocking cream, lip cream, Aspirin, medicine for cold and digestion etc. The best tourist season: from April until October.
2. The best option for touring Nyingchi is to follow the route from Lhasa to Nyingchi for its best high way condition and gorgeous landscape.
3. At present bus or car is the only means of transportation to enter Nyingchi and some parts of Nyingchi are even only accessible on foot though most of the town and villages are well linked by highway networks.
4. The tourists can buy all the Tibetan daily life utensils in the shops opened by the Kangba People on the 500 meters long ¡°Hong Kong Street¡± in Bayi whichi is a very important logistic center in the southeast of Tibet.
5. As most other parts of Tibet, the Sichuan Cuisines is the most popular. The Sichuan restaurants are even ubiquitous. Small ones are cheaper while some more expensive and better one does offer fantastic Sichuan food. Good options are “the Tan Family’s Dish”, the” Sichuan Restaurant” in the eastern part of the Shenzhen Avenue and “the Red Mansion” apposite the public security office.
6.Bayi boasts the most advanced banking facilities and services in the region though; it has only two banks, i.e. the Construction Bank and the Agriculture Bank and both have no ATMs. The postal saving here offers deposit-and-withdraw in different locations service, but you are still advised to carry cash. The foreign visitors should especially take note that they cannot exchange foreign currencies here.
7. Most parts of the prefecture have Internet cafes, even in the remote county of Bomi. The well-known Internet cafes in Bayi are “the Red Lantern”, “the Time Celebrities Club”, and “the Hongdu Teahouse Internet Café”.
Our Featured Group Tours
Small Group Journeys are set date trips designed for travel with a small group, sharing the enjoyment,cost and expreience of the destinations. A 8 days Trip to Mt.Everest Base Camp or Overland to kathmandu from Lhasa only cost you 700USD. Tours dispatch weekly, do not miss the chance, join in now!