Ngari Tourist Attractions
Nagri (also Ali) prefecture in northwestern Tibet is known as the roof of the roof of the world for it is situated at an elevation of 4,500 meters above sea level. It's the place where the Himalayas, the Gangdise, the Kunlun Mountains and Karakorum Mountains meet. This area is dotted with beautiful lakes and rivers, great mountains and glaciers, vast grasslands, spectacular snow mountains, as well as pastures and clay forests.
It is sparsely populated and it is a paradise for wild animals, such as yaks and Tibetan antelopes. It is also a popular tourist destination with many famous natural and historical sites, like the ruins of Guge Kingdom, Toling Temple, the holy Mt. Kailash and the sacred Lake Manasarovar.
The Mt. Kailash and Lake Manasarovar are symbolized as the spiritual center of Buddhists.
It has been viewed as the most typical and largest tertiary strata earth forest in the world with the total area of 2,464 square kilometers.View Details
At the main peak of the Gandise Mountains, Mount Kailash is the most famous holy mountain in Asian history.View Details
The lake is purer than a sapphire and one can see through dozens of meters into the lake. The lake is located in the Burang County, 20 km southeast of the Mount Kailash.View Details
Pangong Lake is a famous border lake. It is called “Cuomu Angla Renbo Tso”, which means “Long-Necked Crane Lake”.View Details
Zhari Namco, the largest salt water lake in Ngari and the third largest lake in Tibet.View Details
The rock paintings cover a wide range of contents, including hunting, domestic animal herding, and farming, as well as the sun and moon, and people.View Details
Nepal Building is actually made up of countless caves in a hill; Darchula bazaar consists of 6 or 7 rows of shops.View Details
Korjak Monastery is a Buddhist monastery in Korjak Town, Burang County, Ali (or Ngari) Prefecture in western Tibet.View Details
Donkar has about 1100 years’ history and the murals in the cave are possibly the oldest in Ali Prefecture.View Details
Tholing Monastery is the oldest monastery in the Nagri Prefecture.View Details
The local regime known as Guge Kingdom started in the 10th century by the descendants of the Tobo Kingdom.View Details
Recommended Tour Itineraries in Ngari Prefecture
Regarded as the holiest moutain and lake in Tibet, Mount Kailash and Lake Manasarovar attract a number of pilgrim to visit with a cleansing heart on the roof of the world. Certainly, other tourist attractions in Ngari are filled with magic. Tibet Vista provides more than 10 tour packages including these tourist attractions in Ngari Prefecture at the best price.
Popular Ngari Tour Deals
- 11 Days Tibet Kailash Pilgrimage Tour by Helicopter from Nepal Kathmandu - Nepalgunj - Hilsa - Purang - Manasarovar - Darchen - Kailash - Purang - Nepalgunj - Kathmandu
- 15 Days Kailash and Manasarova Tour Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse - E.B.C - Lake Manasarova - Kailash Trek - Saga - Shigatse - Lhasa
- 15 Days Kailash Pilgrimage Tour from Kathmandu (fly in and out via Lhasa) Kathmandu - Lhasa - Shigatse - Saga - Lake Manasarover - Mt. Kailash trek - Darchen- Drirapuk - Saga -Shigatse- Lhasa - Kathmandu
- 17 Days Kailash Manasarovar Tour & Guge Kingdom Exploration Lhasa - Shigatse - Sagar - Manasarovar Lake -Zanda- Guge Kingdom - Darchen - Kailash Kora (3 days) -Paryang-Tingri-EBC-Shigatse - Lhasa
- 19 Days Big Loop Tour around Ngari Region Lhasa - Everest - Saga- Manasarovar Lake - Kailash - Darchen - Guge Kingdom - Tsada - Shiquan River - Gerze - Namtso - Lhasa
- 22 Days Western and Northern Tibet Overland Lhasa-Gyangtse-Shigatse-Mt.Everest-Manasarover-Mt.Kailash-Guge-Ali-Gegye-Gertse-Dong tso-Nyma-Banger-Namtso Round tour
- 22 Days Travel to western Tibet from Nepal Kathmandu-Lhasa-Namtso-Ali-Guge Kingdom-Darchen-Lake Manasarovar-Peiku-tso Lake-Zhangmu