This is an important highway connecting Tibet and Xinjiang, which has unique culture and diverse scenery. It is also the hardest highway with highest elevation among several highways to Tibet. The average elevation of this highway is above 4500 meters and the highest is more than 6000 meters above sea level, which is absolutely a challenging travel route.
The Xinjiang-Tibet highway is the most challenging highway with high elevation. You can appreciate charming scenery in western Tibet along the way. Furthermore, you will truly feel the sharp contrast between the stunning beauty of Tibet and its inhospitable environment.
Tibetan Travel Guru,  Kham Sang
It is a private tour package, and its price depends on the season, the number of participants and the specific service standard, so please contact our trip advisor to ask for a quote for your requirements.
- Private Airport pick up/drop off between airport/train station and Lhasa city.
- Private Transfer or taxi according to group size in Lhasa city for 2 days between tourist sites and Hotel.
- Comfortable Land Cruiser with Heating for your long travel from Lhasa to Kashgar
- Transportation cost includes driver's basic accommodation and meals, toll, car parking and gasoline
2. Professional local Tour guide Services
Local English-speaking Tibetan tour guide with wealthy mount Kailash Trekking Experience.
Tour Guide cost includes guide's basic accommodation and meals, the entrance fee of tourist sites for guide
3. All Accommodations with daily breakfasts
- In big cities and towns, standard rooms with private bath room. 2-3 star facility
- In other small towns and stops, Guesthouse dorm bed
- Camping at the lake shore and during trekking
We provide you water-proof tents and comfortable camp mattresses; please prepare the sleeping bag on your own.
4. All necessary Permits
Include Tibet Entry Permit, Alien's travel permit, Military Area Entry Permit and Foreign Affair's Permit; all the permits will be ready 15 days before you go to Tibet.
5. Service Charge & Government Taxes
The service charge is put towards planning, handling, operating the tour and necessary communication, etc;
6. Yak and Yak porters cost during trekking around Mt.Kailash
Every 3 people share 2 yaks/horses for taking heavy luggage and public equipment like Tents, food and cookware
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance which is a must for foreign travelers
Apart from included breakfasts, we will arrange lunches and dinners for although the trip. Generally, daily cost of a lunch and a dinner cost 15 USD per person due to the limited food supply in remote area and high local food price.
9. All entrance fee of tourist sites
1. Tips for tour guide and driver, Depends on how do you like their service, tip as you wish.
2. Personal expenses like shopping, entertainments
3. Sleeping bags
Please prepare your own sleeping bags because these are your personal belongs and please make sure that it is a down sleeping bag, it is still cold at night.